Want to format your PC, but you don’t have a blank DVD handy? Save the pain of buying one, because this tutorial will show you how to install Windows easily using a removable USB drive. Read on!
Things you’ll need:
- A pen drive (at least 4 GB, backed up, because we will have to format it during the procedure)
- Windows ISO image (Can be downloaded from here)
- Windows 7 USB / DVD download tool (Click here to download. Works for Windows 8 DVD also.)
- After downloading both the files, install Windows 7 USB / DVD download tool.
- Launch it from Start Menu or Start Screen.
- Choose the downloaded ISO file when prompted.
- When asked to choose the media type, select USB Device.
- Plug-in the USB drive and select appropriate drive letter.
- Click on Begin Copying. The process of burning the ISO on pen drive will start.
Be patient. This may take around 15-25 mins depending upon the quality and size of the pen drive.
Pro’s of this method:
- Faster install. When DVD takes around 45 mins for install, it takes only 15 mins to install it from pen drive.
- No DVD is wasted in the process. You can erase your pen drive and use it again.